|Search engine marketing, (SEM), is a form of Internet marketing that when done properly will promote a website by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs).
By using Affective Ad Placement, Contextual Advertising, Quality Link Building,
and incorporating specific keywords or links associated with the website page content.
Search engine optimization (SEO) "optimizes" website content to achieve a higher ranking in search results.
SEM is a process that markets a website focusing on the revenue generating components.
Through test and measurement we can see how SEM drives highly targeted visitors to your website. The following are the steps to a Successful SEM Plan.
- Research your target audience.
- Set your online goals and key performance indicators.
- Build a list of keywords that represent your current and most relevant content.
- Validate all keywords by testing and modifying them with your keyword specialist.
- Check your current ranking.
- Optimize the website by improving your web design, architecture and page content.
- Pursue link-building and partnerships.
- Colonize the Web by publishing it in wiki, blogs, and YouTube.
- Get in the news such as Google News with RSS feeds.
- Install tracking software to track and analyze your websites performance.